Re: GNOME-hackers-readonly mailing list closing down

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 20:29 +0700, Ross Golder wrote:

> We then need to make sure the lists are set to allow members to post,
> and then the '-readonly' and '-members' lists are truly redundant, and
> the 'gnome-hackers' and 'gnome-private' lists will behave more like
> normal mailman lists. Hopefully, this should make things a little more
> 'normal' and less complicated for our moderators and sysadmins :)

How will the gnome-private membership list be maintained? The
gnome-hackers concept where the list membership was manually and
heuristically  maintained worked well when there were 50 people in
the project and Miguel knew them all, but it doesn't seem feasible
these days ...

I think either it has to be based on some automatable criteria, or
we just kill the darn thing (finally).

					Owen