Re: GNOME-hackers-readonly mailing list closing down

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 18:15 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 20:29 +0700, Ross Golder wrote:
>
> > We then need to make sure the lists are set to allow members to post,
> > and then the '-readonly' and '-members' lists are truly redundant, and
> > the 'gnome-hackers' and 'gnome-private' lists will behave more like
> > normal mailman lists. Hopefully, this should make things a little more
> > 'normal' and less complicated for our moderators and sysadmins :)
>
> How will the gnome-private membership list be maintained? The
> gnome-hackers concept where the list membership was manually and
> heuristically  maintained worked well when there were 50 people in
> the project and Miguel knew them all, but it doesn't seem feasible
> these days ...
>
> I think either it has to be based on some automatable criteria, or
> we just kill the darn thing (finally).

yes, g-private has seen like 2/3 small threads in years, and last time
was many years ago, IIRC. So, I guess we really don't want it anymore.
All foundation members are in foundation@, so I guess we can use that
for any future private communications. Or is foundation not really
private?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>