Re: cvs repository mirroring by rsync disabled?

On ส., 2005-09-17 at 07:45 +0200, Martin Birgmeier wrote:
> Until the beginning of August, I mirrored parts of the gnome CVS repo
> via rsync to rsync://anoncvs.gnome.org/gnomecvs. This seems to have
> been disabled.

Ah, the 'anoncvs' DNS entry now points to another machine, serving an
NFS mount of the real CVS repository.

I guess, as a temporary measure, you could swap 'anoncvs' with
'master' (or 'container', or 'cvs') in the URL. Long-term, we should
probably move the rsync service over too (at least for the CVS
repository).

> Is there an alternative method for mirroring, and if yes, which one? -
> Personally, I would prefer cvsup, as my main goal is saving bandwidth
> when new versions of gnome are created; cvsup is even more bandwidth
> saving than rsync.

Copying gnome-infrastructure. Might be worth setting up cvsup too if
it's not too complicated.

Cheers,

--
Ross