Re: Proposed modules for 2.10 wanted NOW

<quote who="Ross Golder">

> Have python and pygtk etc been accepted as 'the' (or 'a') GNOME scripting
> language? Maybe I've missed the discussion, but last I knew there had been
> no decision about whether to include a scripting language as a GNOME
> platform dependency, or if so which language it would be (holy war!).

If a Python-based app was accepted into the Desktop release, gnome-python
and friends would just move into the Desktop suite, or we'd make it clear
that Desktop modules could depend on specific modules in the Bindings
release. It's kind of unclear, because it would suck a bit to confuse the
purpose of the Bindings suite.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia         http://lca2005.linux.org.au/

  "When's the last time you heard of the police having to intervene at an
                   antiquarian book riot?" - Raph Levien