Re: Proposed modules for 2.10 wanted NOW

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 22:42, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> Hi.
>
> If anyone wants to propose new modules for GNOME 2.10 *now* is the time
> to do this. Please give the following information to ease the task for
> the community when considering the modules for inclusion:
>
> - name of module
I propose:

Divifund

> - short description of what it does

Divifund is a personal finance program. You can design personal budgets,
track your expenditures and see how much money you need to have saved in
order to meet your financial obligations.

It's written in python and makes extensive use of libglade and the
python-gnome and pygtk bindings.

> - which part of GNOME it's proposed for inclusion in (bindings, desktop,
> platform)

Platform I guess. I just think it's a generally useful program most
families and people need.

> - URL to website if any

The current website is for "myBudget" A new website is under
construction and will be available soon.

See:

http://www.abisource.com/~msevior/

For now.
> - status wrt documentation, localisation, accessibility, usability, HIG-
> compliance if relevant etc

There is extensive English documentation. The code is fully localized as
far as I know.

No doubt there is more work that could be done for accessibility and
usability although I persoanlly find it the useful persoanl finacial
program available.

> It's important that any proposed modules get a review by subprojects
> such as translation, documentation, accessibility, usability as early as
> possible so that any potential blockers in these areas are found as soon
> as possible.

Sure. Well I'm sure that lots more development can will happen. I'd like
to implement importer modules