Re: GNOME CVS: libxslt kloczek

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, James Henstridge wrote:
[..]
> It would be a good idea to hear what the minimum versions of tools such
> as gettext should be set at.  You can see the versions of the various
> tools checked for at:
>
> http://anoncvs.gnome.gr.jp/viewcvs.cgi/jhbuild/jhbuild/commands/sanitycheck.py?annotate=HEAD
>
> I'm currently treating gettext-0.10.40 as the minimum required version,
> but will change it if that is considered too old.

This next thing which can be adjusted using current GNU gettext aclocal
macros without keept this on GNOME level. You can use for example:

AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION(0.12.0)

for specify minimal version GNU gettext tool. It is analog for macro like:

AC_PREREQ(2.53)

which allow per project forcing minimal version of autoconf and like for
example:

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([gnu 1.6.3 dist-bzip2 no-define])

which allow specify minimal version of automake.
Generaly forcing on GNOME level using by all manitaibners version some
tools will not make all simpler.

kloczek
PS. Imagine .. if on some version GNU gettext this tool will bring sucking
text from XML files project maintainer can specify minimal required
version gettext tools.
*Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
Tomasz Kłoczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: kloczek rudy mif pg gda pl*