Re: Aegis [Was: CVS migration to subversion?]

<quote who="Alan Cox">

> > Given that this can of worms has been opened, allow me to recommend the
> > use of Aegis, a 12 year old Free software configuration management
> > system that really blows the existing Free Software "source control"
> > systems right out of the water.
>
> If its twelve years old why is no major project using it.

A round-about answer: "It's definitely a controversial choice for Free
Software projects." :-)

> Also does it have non unix clients ? Thats essential for translators or
> people on the road sometimes

Not as yet (and I don't think it's a high priority), but I'm not sure how
critical that is for GNOME translators / GNOMErs on the road.

Indeed, I'd be interested to find out how many of our contributors don't
actually use an *nix platform. Interesting.

- Jeff

--
   "The aim of the release process is to finish software, not to develop
                         it..." - Havoc Pennington