Aegis [Was: CVS migration to subversion?]

<quote who="Carlos Perell? Mar?n">

> Hi people, I'm playing with subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org) and
> it seems really cool.

> I'm not telling you that we should migrate now, I think we should look at
> it and if we agree that we could use it, start a migration test so we
> could have all ready to be able to change our system with the 1.0 release
> (or when we think it's ready to use).

Given that this can of worms has been opened, allow me to recommend the use
of Aegis, a 12 year old Free software configuration management system that
really blows the existing Free Software "source control" systems right out
of the water.

It would be an incredibly controversial shift for GNOME, a massive (and very
likely unwanted by many developers) step towards "serious software devel
practices", but might provide some interesting discussion. :-)

  http://aegis.sourceforge.net/

Have a read, and maybe spend a few cycles to consider how a large Free
Software project like GNOME could work with a system like this. :-)

- Jeff

--
     "First: This is not a race." - Jody Goldberg on the Free Software
                                  desktop