Re: Proposal for inclusion of Straw in the Gnome CVS

mån 2003-12-08 klockan 11.34 skrev Mikael Hallendal:
> mån 2003-12-08 klockan 11.22 skrev Christian Rose:
> > sön 2003-12-07 klockan 18.39 skrev Juri Pakaste:
> > > I'm the maintainer of Straw, a desktop news aggregator for Gnome and a
> > > popular source of dependency complaints on FootNotes. It is located at
> > > http://www.nongnu.org/straw/ .
> > >
> > > I'd like it to be hosted in the Gnome CVS, as it would make the job much
> > > easier for translators.
> >
> > Any comments on this? Anyone for or against this?
> >
> > I personally would very much see Straw in GNOME cvs, not the least
> > because it seems to be an excellent piece of GNOME software and also
> > widely used already.
>
> Hasn't it been more or less decided that we should just let people that
> have gnome programs keep them in GNOME CVS for now?

Hmm ,, just saw in Juri's blog that he intented to make the GNOME CVS
module a read only one, with the main repo in arch. Then I don't see any
point in having it in GNOME CVS.

The main benefits of having it in GNOME CVS is imho to have the
translators being able to work directly against the CVS and to have
others that want to contribute being able to work against the same CVS
as they are already working (and having accounts).

Having it in Arch and sync it every know and then doesn't seem to give
much compared to having people that want to try it out using the
tarballs instead.

Just my thoughts,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Mikael Hallendal               micke imendio com
Imendio HB                     http://www.imendio.com