Re: EggDateTime status

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 10:23:38AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> For widgets, we should be defaulting to putting them in GTK, not
> libgnomeui. libgnomeui should only contain glue code to merge GTK with
> things higher in the stack, such as the help system or gconf.  (And as
> things like help system and gconf move lower in the stack due to
> standardization, as they should, we should be shrinking libgnomeui and
> eventually getting rid of it.)

I agree completely. My original plan stated to include this into GTK,
and - if that is not possible or not wanted - to include it into
libgnomeui. But since I got no feedback from gtk-devel, I targetted it
for libgnomeui for now. I can try to convince Owen that this is a
worthwhile addition to GTK, though.

 - Sebastian

P.S. Anyone know who I should write to to get on the white list for this
     mailing list? It's frustrating to wait for the delay until my mail
     is approved.