EggDateTime status

[Mail to gnome-hackers, CC to andersca and jrb.]

Hi!

As promised I've hacked together a first version of a possible
GnomeDateEdit replacement. The API has changed a little bit since my
first proposal. I will publish it in a nice gtkdoc layout when I figure
out, what's broken in the libegg doc creation process.

This prototype is scheduled for inclusion in libegg. See [1] for a patch
to libegg HEAD. To be able to include EggDateTime in libegg properly, I
need a sponsorship by the libgnomeui maintainer (andersca?). (I.e. the
maintainer must consider this new widget worthwhile for a possible
future inclusion.)

I also need people to have a close look at the API and comment on what's
bad, what's good, what should be changed and what is missing. It would
also be great if some people could try this widget out in test programs
or other projects.

 - Sebastian

[1] http://me.in-berlin.de/~jroger/gnome/libegg-datetime.patch