Re: EggDateTime status

Sebastian Rittau <srittau jroger in-berlin de> writes:

> This prototype is scheduled for inclusion in libegg. See [1] for a patch
> to libegg HEAD. To be able to include EggDateTime in libegg properly, I
> need a sponsorship by the libgnomeui maintainer (andersca?). (I.e. the
> maintainer must consider this new widget worthwhile for a possible
> future inclusion.)

For widgets, we should be defaulting to putting them in GTK, not
libgnomeui. libgnomeui should only contain glue code to merge GTK with
things higher in the stack, such as the help system or gconf.  (And as
things like help system and gconf move lower in the stack due to
standardization, as they should, we should be shrinking libgnomeui and
eventually getting rid of it.)

Havoc