Re: Renaming CVS Modules for Sanity's Sake

Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 04:30:07PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Havoc Pennington">

Yes, I would love a rename for gnome-terminal. I've just been trying
to figure out when to do it that wouldn't annoy everybody.
Let's be very loud about it, and do it now. :-) Right after stable release,
just before most of the 2.1.x stuff kicks in. We should announce these
changes to hackers and desktop-devel.

If you're just going to rename the directory, then put an entry in
CVSROOT/modules linking the name profterm to gnome-terminal. People
won't suspect a thing, then. :-)
Except that their local copy won't work with a "cvs update" (as the CVSROOT/modules file is only consulted for "cvs checkout"). A symbolic link would probably work though (unless there are some locking issues).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.