Re: Icon localization

Christian Rose wrote:

> I'd love to hear the Sun localization group's opionon on this whole thread.

Well, I'm still assembling the responses of the i18n, l10n and usability
guys I asked here, as I've had quite a few and they're all quite
detailed.  However, the general opinion seems to be:

- Where possible, it's always better to design icons that everyone can
reasonably be expected to understand in the first place.  However, there
are often cases where localized icons are unavaoidable, due to cultural
or language differences, so the system ought to support that
requirement.

I promise I'll post a summary of all the responses I received in the
next day or two--  I'm just not doing so today as it's a holiday in the
States, so I may get a few more replies tomorrow.

Cheeri,
Calum.