Re: Requirements (Re: GNOME 2.0 Desktop Alpha: "Rolig Liten Hattgubbe")

hi all,

Doing a new new GTK+ build on an old RH 6.2 box here at work, I had to
use a recent gettext too. The version I got was the most recent from
ftp.gnu.org and it worked seamlessly with autoconf 2.52, automake
1.4-p5, libtool 1.4.2 and gettext 0.10.40.

As a side note, the errors generated by the lack of a recent enough
gettext are far from being trivial (they have to do with undefined M4
macros which have a name prefixed with AC or AM, I can't remember): it
would be nice if people could begin to add a test for this to their
autogen.sh

I hope this helps,

regards,
Mathieu