re: Icon love

First of all great work on the icons!
They look very nice.

I read this mailing list from lists.gnome.org so I am a little bit late,
and please cc any replies to me.

Some small suggestions and some thoughts of mine...

First of all the icons for bold/italic/underline are i18n in wordpad, but
it doesn't make much sens as the keybindings are not, so the swedish
wordpad has F K U but they respond to ctrl-B ctrl-I and ctrl-U.
I think just using A is an easy and good solution.

Now, the icons... =)

The import/export doesn't feel intutive for me, perhaps a right/left arrow
to a folder is better.

Cut and paste are easy to mix up, cut looks a little bit like they are
putting the paper back. A pair of scissor would be nice, but i don't know
how it would look on the 16x16 icon.

about hmm ok... don't think I've got a star in my head but ok =)

jump-to could have a arch like arrow to symbolize jump

left/right i18n? changable for people who read right to left?

insert table perhaps a plus sign to make one see it as adding a table

MIME icons

KDE is it possible to have the kde symbol on the same place on the icon to
make it easier to find.

C programming icons could have the C from the front of "The C programming
language".

Jar a jar of coffe or some other java symbol.

MP3/ogg icons look a little empty in contrast to the other music icons,
some background might do.

Some icons use images which I would guess are copyrighted, realmedia?,
dolby..

Well good work tigert and jakub!

/Johan Bucht
bucht acc umu se

The way some people find fault, you'd think there was some kind of reward.