Re: The NEW gnome-terminal!
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, GNOME Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: The NEW gnome-terminal!
- Date: 08 Feb 2002 19:48:37 -0500
* I do not plan on defending using gnome-terminal more than
needed, I was reacting to the `if you have objections, raise
them now' part of the post.
* I figured that we had agreed (and we discussed this recently
on the board call) about the new session manager, metacity and
gnome terminal, and this reflected what Havoc said: he is not
pushing for those, but working on them on his spare time.
Whatever the release team decides is fine. I can port the
gnome-terminal to the 2 code base (I did not know it was not ported),
but the hard part is really zvt, not the limited GUI features it has.
I just wanted to get some clarification and make sure that we do not
engage into redoing the whole platform and never shipping a gnome 2.
] [Thread Prev