Re: What to do in order to make the gnome development platform rock.

>>> The `gnu.*' convention is already in wide use.
>
>Bill> That doesn't make it right ;-)
>Bill> Should be org.gnu then, or org.fsf.
>
>Read this:
>
>    http://www.gnu.org/software/java/packages.html#why-just-gnu
>
>I didn't agree with this reasoning the first time I saw it (years
>ago).  However, it is a fact that this is widely used.  And I imagine
>it is very unlikely it will change.  For instance, I would probably
>resist efforts to rename the gnu.* packages in Classpath or libgcj,
>simply due to the administrative overhead.
>
>Tom

<sigh>

this is the kind of 'we know better' thinking that fosters fragmentation
and forms the basis for so much nearly-but-not-quite-interoperable
cruft.  A purely philosophical argument with no technical basis... quite
different from, say, deviating from demonstrably broken/non-functional
conventions.  So sad.

But arguably mostly harmless in this instance, I hope.

-Bill

------
Bill Haneman x19279
Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit