Re: What to do in order to make the gnome development platform rock.

[decreased amount of cc-ness]

On 17 Sep 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Read this:
>
>     http://www.gnu.org/software/java/packages.html#why-just-gnu
>
> I didn't agree with this reasoning the first time I saw it (years
> ago).  However, it is a fact that this is widely used.  And I imagine
> it is very unlikely it will change.  For instance, I would probably
> resist efforts to rename the gnu.* packages in Classpath or libgcj,
> simply due to the administrative overhead.

The argument presented in the "explanation" has many problems - and I
won't argue over them - but I don't think the prposal was to change
existing code in any case, just a proposal to do things differently in the
future.

Unless there is a great deal of more packages in the gnu.* namespace than
presented on the page I would hestitae to call the use widespread anyways.

> Tom

	Sander

I haven't been vampired. You've been Weatherwaxed.