Re: What to do in order to make the gnome development platform rock.

Sander> having java packages called gnu.blah is not a good idea. In
Sander> fact, just arbitrarily leavng aside the standard package
Sander> naming convention is pointless.

>> The `gnu.*' convention is already in wide use.

Bill> That doesn't make it right ;-)
Bill> Should be org.gnu then, or org.fsf.

Read this:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/java/packages.html#why-just-gnu

I didn't agree with this reasoning the first time I saw it (years
ago).  However, it is a fact that this is widely used.  And I imagine
it is very unlikely it will change.  For instance, I would probably
resist efforts to rename the gnu.* packages in Classpath or libgcj,
simply due to the administrative overhead.

Tom