Re: /tmp/.ICE-unix

> > Anyone know what is going on here? Presumably it's a security issue in
> > addition to causing a sleep(5)...
>
> If its a security issue sleep(5) is inappropriate it shgould be exit(1)

Bullshit. Security is only worthwhile because it helps people maximize
their use of computers (given that security violations result in loss of
some functionality, whether that be privacy or actual data, or just time).
Changing that to "exit(1)" would mean that a lot of people could no longer
use GNOME. We have to start working on the assumption that we will have
users who are not familiar with *nix and the command-line or we have
absolutely no hope of ever creating an environment that is usable by
non-*nix geeks.

Printing the data out to the commandline is also a silly approach. If this
represents a significant security violation, it should pop up a dialogue
warning the user, and offer to fix it (of course prompting for a root
password).

I've seen this on too many systems for exit(1) to be a viable option.
That's a cop-out.

-Seth