Re: libglade 1.0 branch requiring autoconf 2.52

on 9/16/01 5:38 PM, James Henstridge at james daa com au wrote:

> I take it you mean 2.52 here.  I wasn't aware that some of the gnome 1.x
> progs had trouble with 2.52.  I have been using 2.52 for my projects for a
> while, as it is easier to debug (the quoting behaviour is more
> predictable), and runs a bit faster.
>
> What sort of incompatibilities are you seeing in gnome-libs?

For some reason, when built with autoconf 2.52, gnome-libs created and
installed i686-pc-linux-gnu-gnome-config, and no plain ol' gnome-config.

There were some other minor problems as well with other packages that I
fixed as I went along. I committed some of those fixes. I got stuck on this
one. I eventually switched back to the older autoconf for my gnome 1 work,
using a set of sources for libglade that have the older configure.in that
works with older versions of autoconf.

I continue to use autoconf 2.52 for all my gnome 2 development.

    -- Darin