Re: libglade 1.0 branch requiring autoconf 1.52

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Darin Adler wrote:

> When building gnome 1 packages from cvs, I find that many don't work
> properly with autoconf 1.52 -- for example, I have problems with the
> gnome-config script in gnome-libs.

I take it you mean 2.52 here.  I wasn't aware that some of the gnome 1.x
progs had trouble with 2.52.  I have been using 2.52 for my projects for a
while, as it is easier to debug (the quoting behaviour is more
predictable), and runs a bit faster.

What sort of incompatibilities are you seeing in gnome-libs?

> But libglade has recently changed to require autoconf 1.52. What's the right
> strategy for this?

I don't know.

James.

--