Re: Marshalers [was Re: API freezing ...]
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>
- Cc: Jody Goldberg <jgoldberg home com>, Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>, "gtk-devel-list gnome org gnome-hackers" <gnome-hackers gnome org>, gnome-devel <gnome-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Marshalers [was Re: API freezing ...]
- Date: 17 Nov 2001 09:41:21 -0500
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com> writes:
> Jody Goldberg wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 06:34:50PM -0500, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > >
> > > This is good to know - several gnome 2.0 modules install their
> > > marshalers currently - and other modules use them; I imagine we should fix
> > > that and try to push any particularly useful ones into glib ASAP before
> > > the freeze very shortly ?
> We create a bunch of them in Atk, which is what we thought was correct,
> rather than trying to have them added to glib. What are the criteria
> for adding them?
Creating them in ATK is correct. The criteria for adding them to
GLib would be "adding them to GLib significantly reduces platform
footprint by reducing duplication".
So, for GLib-2.2, we'll probably do something like look at all
marshallers in any of the libraries that Nautilus links to,
and see what marshalers are frequently duplicated, and add those
] [Thread Prev