Re: API documentation for gnome-vfs (was Re: gnome-vfs 1.0.1 is available)

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:

> On 08 May 2001 16:05:49 -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> > on 5/8/01 3:06 PM, jacob berkman at jacob ximian com wrote:
> >
> > > is the gnome-vfs api documented yet?
> >
> > No.
>
> > And Pavel Cisler, the former maintainer of
> > gnome-vfs has left Eazel to work at Apple and is not working on gnome-vfs
> > any more.
>
> this is exactly why it should have been documented before.

And in the future, there will be no disease, and all food will be
available in pill form.

Seriously, while you're right that ideally this would have been done
before 1.4 was puto ut, I think grousing about it now isn't very
productive or understanding.  We are all working very hard to do the
best job we can as contributors to GNOME, but we're only human.

Case in point: ideally, Ximian would have submitted all of its
out-of-band patches upstream before releasing Ximian GNOME, but this
wasn't practically possible.

So while it is important to note that the VFS docs are still undone,
in order to make sure that it gets done, let's at least be nice about
it.

Regards,
Nat