Re: GConf and bonobo-config - some ideas

Elliot Lee wrote:

> Concerns that bonobo-config lacks testing need to be addressed by
> porting the gconf test suite to bonobo-config. This is an independant task
> that could possibly go on the TODO list (whee!).

Well, the gconf: moniker is a simple wrapper, so I consider porting the whole
test suite as an overkill.

> . Address concerns that the GConf schema and other GConf features are not
> being exposed properly by the bonobo-config API.

I am a bit unsure about the purpose of schema's. Schema's store default
values and documentation, and you can map each key to a schema. But is it
really necessary that we make this mapping configurable? Isn't it possible to
map "/a/simple/key" to schema "/schema/a/simple/key".  And do we really need
that additional default value stored in the schema?

- Dietmar