Re: GConf and bonobo-config - some ideas

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, ERDI Gergo wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Elliot Lee wrote:
>
> > * Using Bonobo directly via CORBA is painful, and no current examples of
> > this exist, so the benefits of this are hypothetical at best.
>
> What do you mean by `using Bonobo'? Because a lot of the interfaces are
> not wrapped in C because it wouldn't make much sense, so you do in fact
> use `raw' CORBA calls on them.
> I do agree that using Bonobo _completely_ without the GNOME implementation
> is painful, but it can be done (at least it could be done some time ago)
> (I guess it's time for my bimonthly MonkeyBeans plug:))

I wasn't aware anyone had done it directly, so MonkeyBeans is an existing
example of it, but I have no info on how convenient and complete it is...

-- Elliot
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar.  I feel like
I've just got to bite a cat!  I feel like if I don't bite a cat before
sundown, I'll go crazy!  But then I just take a deep breath and forget
about it.  That's what is known as real maturity.	-- Snoopy