Re: Bugzilla Mail Interface / add more info

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 10:56:45PM +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> I'm wondering whether it's possible to add info to an existing bug
> report via email?  The "Usage instructions for
> control bugzilla gnome org" seem not to cover this question; at least,
> I'm not able to derive it from the written text.

Currently, no it's not possible. Coincidentally, I've been thinking
about how to add this feature smoothly, since I am in the situation of
wanting to close some bugs, but add extra information at the same time
(such as what extra info might be useful to solve the problem).

The problem is that the email interface assumes each line in the message
body is a command. So I need to come up with a way of entering extra
information after a command and then telling the parser to "stop, I've
finished with the extra info. Back into command mode now". My current
idea is a line of three asterixes (***), but I'm not sure.

This is a case where the debbugs interface with commands in the subject
and text in the body was a little easier, but that's neither here nor
there. :-)

Now that I know somebody else might find this useful, I'll move it up
my priorities list.

In the meantime, you'll have to use the web interface to add to your bug
report. Go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org and create yourself an account
(if you don't already have one). Then you will be able to edit any bugs
you filed.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.