Re: OO as GNOME software (topic change)

Matthias Warkus wrote:

> What? OpenOffice does not use GTK+? That sucks big time. To make that
> acceptable, we should get them to state clearly that they want to
> move. To be a GNOME application, a program should stand on the GNOME

<snip>

Hi Matthias/all:

I cannot speak for the OO guys though I know a lot of them.
SO was cross-platform (using its own toolkit) well before there
was GTK on Win32...Remember also that there was a fair bit of
non-open stuff in SO that had to come out in the process of
morphing it into OO. I think priorities, for awhile yet, are
likely to be on improving things that are obviously deficient
rather than things that are arguably just "unsociable."

That said, I agree that OO on GTK+ is appealing.

(personal opinion only, etc.  re-lurking now. :-)

Best regards,

-Bill

Bill Haneman
Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit