Re: time for a flamewar, or ... what about grdb

> > or are you going to sit their squinting at it and prodding it suspiciously
> > with a pen ?
>
> I think that for a PDA application I want a user interface that is
> taylored for the PDA.

Well when it is plugged into my desktop I want to use it from my desktop.

Your big problem Miguel is that your argument is circular and destructive

	'Users dont use network transparency'
	'Therefore users dont need network transparency'
	'Therefore we wont make it easy enough for them to use'

Another scenario:

You are sitting by the TV in your wireless/bluetooth home of 6 years time.
Watching the 23rd Bond movie you suddenely remember you need to phone for
pizza. The pizza phone number is in your PDA which you left on the charger
upstairs...

do you
	a) Walk upstairs and get the number
	b) Hit pause on the tivo, bring up the pda display on the tv and
	   get the number.

I know the average couch potato wants B. His doctor probably thinks he
wants him to have A but his doctor doesnt buy his toys.

> You are my hero if you get the above implemented in Linux and if we
> get this wildely deployed you will acquire a more godless aura than
> you already have.

Im not the hero. I've not touched on line of the code for the various
fs projects trying to do exactly that.

Alan