Re: Getting Bugzilla support into Bug-buddy

Jody Goldberg <jgoldberg home com> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 08:23:09PM +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:
> >
> > But what do you want to do with them ?
>
> If there is a valid package I think they should go to the package
> list, even if the return address is invalid.  If there is no valid
> package AND no valid email then there is little that can be done.

Maybe you misunderstood me, but there's a technical problem with this:

When people send such bug reports, they get an auto-reply and this
auto-reply is sent back via mail. If the return address is invalid, this
mail will normally bounce.

And this is the problem; I don't care much about such bug reports, all
I can do about them is

a) take an email address where all bounce messages should go.

b) take a patch which implements a parser of such bounce messages to do
   something reasonable with the bug report.

I'm also accepting package-specific forwarding addresses and patches to
implement filters (*) to forward such bugs to some package maintainer
address rather than rejecting them.

(*) can for instance be a simple .procmailrc entry

Of course, it'd be much better if bug-buddy could send all bugs directly
to the right bug tracking system.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)