google groups

OK. This has nothing to do with Gnome, but I just can't help it!

Google has now made their Usenet archive a lot more complete, with most all
the Usenet messages from the last 20 years:
<http://www.google.com/googlegroups/archive_announce_20.html>.

It was really fun for me to look back at my silly postings back in 1985
about Macintosh software and other dumb college stuff. And it looks like
Havoc's first Usenet posting was about the end of Return of the Jedi, Owen's
first was asking advice about growing spinach (for a friend), Miguel's first
was a virus announcement, and Federico didn't post to Usenet much before
Gnome started.

People with more-common names are a bit harder to search for.

    -- Darin