Re: google groups

Darin Adler wrote:

> It was really fun for me to look back at my silly postings back in 1985
> about Macintosh software and other dumb college stuff. And it looks like
> Havoc's first Usenet posting was about the end of Return of the Jedi, Owen's
> first was asking advice about growing spinach (for a friend), Miguel's first
> was a virus announcement, and Federico didn't post to Usenet much before
> Gnome started.

Mine appears to have been about the Muppets...

Anyway, on a similar vein, if you want to know how your favourite
website has changed over the years, try the Wayback Machine at
http://web.archive.org.  Some choice samples:

http://web.archive.org/web/19980625034400/http://www.gnome.org/
http://web.archive.org/web/19981201181912/http://www.gtk.org/
http://web.archive.org/web/19961226191510/http://www.redhat.com/