Re: google groups

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:55:45AM -0800, Darin Adler wrote:
> OK. This has nothing to do with Gnome, but I just can't help it!
>
> Google has now made their Usenet archive a lot more complete, with most all
> the Usenet messages from the last 20 years:
> <http://www.google.com/googlegroups/archive_announce_20.html>.
>
> It was really fun for me to look back at my silly postings back in 1985
> about Macintosh software and other dumb college stuff. And it looks like
> Havoc's first Usenet posting was about the end of Return of the Jedi, Owen's
> first was asking advice about growing spinach (for a friend), Miguel's first
> was a virus announcement, and Federico didn't post to Usenet much before
> Gnome started.

Damnit, I must be a geek, my first posting I can find is "Alien 22 rewerse two
instruction dwarf."  Which is a posting to the corewar group with my first two
warrirs I wrote.  Damnit, why can't my first post not be about coding.

You can also monitor my evil proprietary OS/2 past in there.  The most interesting of
which (with respect to GNOME at least) notes this:

  "GUI SUX ... I use os/2 but I try to use TSHELL if I can ... GUI is just a
   waste of processor power"

Must have been during my 'l33t days.  There are also some more embarrasing posts
from me if you search hard enough ... :)

I feel all sentimental now ...

George