Re: assorted gnome-core patches

Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com> writes:
> s/turn off autosaving for gnome-session/turn off autosaving for
> gnome-session by default, right?

Yes, sorry for the non-clarity.

> I think I'd quite like to see some sort of usability input on what
> the best arrangement of panel/launchers/applets should be.

Me too. The hard part about this though is that it's a kind of global
decision: it interacts with your Sawfish config, your Nautilus config,
what you expect your users to be doing. So it's hard to do by hashing
out each specific issue; you need a desktop-wide "vision" which is
imposed dictatorially.

This is something Red Hat imposes on their packages, and Ximian
imposes on theirs, and no doubt Sun will impose on theirs. I don't
think there's anything inherently wrong with different visions for
different packagers, so if these patches don't go upstream I'm happy
with that.

Havoc