Re: Why GNOME Hackers Should Care about Usability

On 23 Aug 2001 18:34:35 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> What's an example of a conflict between "great for engineers" and
> "great for home users"? I don't think there are very many, and the
> ones that exist are typically superficial, not fundamental aspects of
> the desktop.

I don't think there anything we could do to make it better for home
users that would make it worse for engineers. I don't think theres a
conflict of features but I think we have to be realistic that unless we
have a team with skills and experience building interfaces for real
users we can't hope to do a really good job building for that audience.

So we shouldn't feel so bad if all we make is a great engineering
desktop :-)

Ian