Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-core martin

[ just to clarify: i'm all for warning-free code.  i have many warning
thingies in my CFLAGS, and try to keep things warning free. ]

On 12 Aug 2001 19:13:04 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On 12Aug2001 06:48PM (-0400), jacob berkman wrote:
> >
> > why don't you just export the CFLAGS you want to use in your
> > environment?  this way, you can have whichever warnings etc. you want,
> > and my build doesn't get broken.
>
> If you really want a build to stay warning-free, you need -Werror to
> be the default.

this isn't even really the case, as gcc is tremendously lax when it
comes to warnings - things like empty structs, no ; after default: in
switch statements, having non-static initializers, etc. etc.  So, if you
*really* want to be getting rid of warnings you should be including some
mix of -ansi and -pedantic.

but i digress - i've had a stinky couple-of-days and am in a bad mood,
but i do agree with owen's sentiments.

jacob
--
"OOH!!!  Look at me!!  I'm Jacob Berkman!  I have a witty .signature
 that nobody fully appreciates but myself!!"  -- Anonymous