Re: Thinking about Dogfood

>  The better way for Ximian is to hire somebody really qualified as i18n
> engineer while developing/polishing gnome aps. Consultations with i18n
> engineer are a must even when the software's architecture is only being
> designed/drafted.

  I don't think there is anything in the *architecture* of Evolution
that makes it unsuitable for I18N.  We use UTF-8 all over the place,
which is pretty much as I18N-friendly as you can get.

  Most of the bugs are due to missing charset conversions and the fact
that the 1.4 libraries (namely libxml, GTK+ and all the things that use
them) are not very UTF-8 friendly.

  Anyway, we are working on fixing them, and we are accepting patches.
Work is progressing slowly just because our current queue is very long.

--
Ettore