Re: automake help request ...

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 02:48:20PM -0400, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	orbit-idl is used to generate C files that I want to include as
> the _SOURCES of a certain library. However, I _really_ don't want to be
> shipping these files, they do not belong in the package, since the IDL
> compiler is at total liberty to change itself randomly.

Automake 1.5 is supposed to offer fine-grained control over what files
go into distributions.  But until then, I think that the only way to
not ship certain source files is to add a dist-hook: rule that
explicitly deletes them.  Something akin to:

dist-hook:
	rm -f $(BUILT_SOURCES)

should do it.

Of course, testing to see if this actually works in practice is left
as an exercise to the reader.  And even if this does work, it probably
qualifies as a "brutal hack".

-JT