automake help request ...

Hi folks,

	I struggled to get automake to do what I want for a while, and
then I thought I'd ask you people.

	Essentialy I have the following problem:

	orbit-idl is used to generate C files that I want to include as
the _SOURCES of a certain library. However, I _really_ don't want to be
shipping these files, they do not belong in the package, since the IDL
compiler is at total liberty to change itself randomly.

	So, I really want something like:

NO_DIST = Bonobo-stubs.c ...

	However, having read automake, fiddled with adding rules to
EXTRA_DIST, touching files, dummy targets, trying to hook into make
distdir etc. etc. I can't see how to do this...

	So - anyone got an easy way of excluding files from a release that
are part of the source needed to be built [ NB. adding features to
automake is the obvious solution, but this is IIRC impossible ].

	I can think of several brutal hack methods, but none that are
nice.

	Help,

		Michael.