Re: Bugs in Bugzilla

Mike Shaver <shaver zeroknowledge com> writes:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
> > I guess that's a valid point, but a throwaway hotmail or equivalent
> > account seems like the most sensible option there.
>
> I don't follow.  If you are OK with people using temporary addresses,
> then I think I'm misunderstanding why you want email addresses in the
> first place: isn't it to reach the reporter with updates and the like?

As long as they will keep reading the temporary address long enough
for the follow up process to work, it's OK.

I guess what I'm saying is I need a way to reach the person, but not
necessarily a way to identify them, and pointing out how easy it is to
get an effectively anonymous email account. Anonymous forwarding
gateways would be even better but are there any of those around these
days?

 - Maciej