Re: Bugs in Bugzilla

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

Joe Shaw <joe helixcode com> writes:

Well, it makes it impossible to follow up with the user if the info in
the bug report is insufficient. Or for the user to be notified when
the bug is closed, so it can be verified.

I admit, this is a disadvantage. But what is more important: people
submitting bugs when something crashes or not at all?

I wouldn't mind hearing about it if someone has a crash, even without
contact info, but I don't want that mixed up with the real bug
reports.

Is this a place where you might want to use UNCONFIRMED for bugs without addresses, and NEW for bugs from people with accounts?

Of course, if you make the reporter for anonymous bugs be the same (anonymous bugs gnome org, say), then your bug list queries can just exclude them.

How do you handle a case where someone reports a bug anonymously, and then someone else -- with an account -- confirms it and adds commentary? Presumably you want to have it appear in your bug list at that point, which might be a good reason for using UNCONFIRMED-vs.-NEW -- the infrastructure already exists for letting people confirm bugs, without being able to make arbitrary changes to the bug settings.
Mike