Re: Bugzilla for GNOME (was Re: GNOME CVS: nautilus mathieu)

Martin wrote:

> Using this cryptic or obnoxious format just makes sure that people
> provide the correct package etc. and I think we can also easily extend
> bug-buddy to let people insert a file for the long description.
>
> This way you can just sit down and write your bug report with your
> favorite text editor and just use bug-buddy (maybe even with the filename
> as command line argument) to submit it.

You can already include a text file from bug-buddy.  The only additions I would suggest
are the ability to submit multiple files (within reason) and the ability to submit
binary files (e.g. screenshots), with bug-buddy assuming responsibility for encoding
binaries.

-Mark Gordon