Re: Bugzilla for GNOME (was Re: GNOME CVS: nautilus mathieu)

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:

> Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
>
> > Alan is right IMO, we need to support the old submit bugs gnome org
> > address and format. The format is totally trivial; so if you can write
> > a script that gets these mails (procmail will do that) and has some
> > way to talk to Bugzilla, it's not rocket science.
> >
> > We can start using Bugzilla before that though, just leave
> > submit bugs gnome org working and going into the old tracker, and when
> > someone does the migration script we move all those bugs.
> >

> We'd need to make sure we start at a bug number higher than anything
> in the old tracker, for reasons stated by Owen, so we can preserve bug
> numbers when carrying the bugs over.

Good idea. I think 50000 will be high enough (debbugs is somewhere around
29000 at the moment). The next bug will get number 50002.

Btw. this can go up until 8388607, so there's still enough room.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)