Re: Bugs in Bugzilla

Joe Shaw <joe helixcode com> writes:
> > At Helix Code, I believe, we use Severity as Time Estimate.  We use
> > patches for Time Estimate that we got from Eazel.  This works fairly well
> > for me at least.
>
> Time Estimate doesn't really seem applicable for the GNOME bug tracker,
> though.

Well, ideally Helix/Eazel could use the GNOME tracker, so users and
developers don't have to be syncing all these bug trackers all the
time. (e.g. if we have a release-critical Evolution bug, we want it to
turn up in a query for release-critical bugs so we know how the GNOME
release containing Evolution is going; same for Nautilus...)

I personally find that much of my time dealing with Red Hat bugtracker
GNOME bugs is forwarding the bug to the GNOME tracker, forwarding
maintainer response back to Bugzilla, and around and around...  sort
of inevitable since we need to keep general RH bugs separate, but for
stuff like Evolution and Nautilus that's part of GNOME anyway, we
might as well make this go away.

Havoc