Re: Bugzilla for GNOME (was Re: GNOME CVS: nautilus mathieu)

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:

> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:
>
> > Dropping the old bugs on the floor is simply not acceptable. I'm
> > shocked that you would suggest it at all since you are usually so
> > sensible. :-) If there are low quality bug reports in there, then
> > bugzilla makes it very easy to mark large batch groupings of them
> > INVALID.
>
> I don't suggest dropping them all, but just dropping all the bad ones.

Great, so lets move them all over and let the maintainers of each
package close the bad ones. That seems like the best way to implement
that plan, since closing a bug (or even many bugs) with bugzilla is so
much easier than manually carrying over a bug from debbugs to
bugzilla.

> There's no reason at all to keep a bug which just says `it crashed'
> without even mentioning the package name and when you have 500 such bugs
> it's very hard to find the real good ones.

We could put bugs not clearly associated with a package into a
category called Other and probably close them all as INVALID.

 - Maciej