Re: The big gnome-hackers -> gnome-private move

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:

> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:
>
> > I am worried that people might get in the habit of posting things that
> > should not be private to gnome-private though.
>
> Well, I think it's a bigger problem to leak something which is supposed
> to be private to the public than to have something in private which is
> supposed to be public.

I'm not sure I agree. However, I don't remember any posts to
gnome-hackers in months which really needed to be private, so it's
kind of a theoretical worry. I have seen zero posts on gnome-private
that needed or wanted to be private.

> If we need to discuss something which really needs to be public, I think
> it's best to just use gnome-devel-list for it for the moment.

Well, it's not primarily a matter of things being public now, but of
forming the right habits.

 - Maciej