Re: Bugs in Bugzilla

On 27 Oct 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> The default permissions for new accounts lets anyone change any part
> of a bug; instead I think only maintainers of a package should be able
> to change bug status by default.

This seems fine as long as it's easy for the maintainer of a package to
add people who are allowed to change the stats of bugs in their package.

> It would seem simpler to merge Platform and OS into a single field;
> also, some of the OS options are pretty nonsensical for GNOME.

There are a lot of bugs that are either platform or OS specific.  However,
I've never seen these fields used very effectively.

> I don't see the point of having both Priority and Severity; I think we
> have Priority turned off for Red Hat. Eazel was using Priority I guess
> - what do you guys do with this field vs. Severity?

At Helix Code, I believe, we use Severity as Time Estimate.  We use
patches for Time Estimate that we got from Eazel.  This works fairly well
for me at least.
   Chris