Re: Bugzilla for GNOME (was Re: GNOME CVS: nautilus mathieu)

On 27 Oct 2000, Martin Baulig wrote:

> > Perhaps a good compromise would be to not copy the database, but
> > a) provide a tool to migrate bugs.  An optimal solution would be to add a
> > link on bugs.gnome.org bugs pages that migrates the bug to bugzilla when
> > you click it.
> > b) Keep the old database around.  There's absolutely no reason to delete
> > the old database.  I certainly agree we should freeze it, but I see no
> > reason to remove it.
>
> Well, before we do such a copy, we really need to remove all the crap from
> the old one.

My point was that perhaps we can get a compromise here.  Primarily, we
have to make it trivial to import debbugs bugs into bugzilla.  It'd be
best if a developer could do a search in our debbugs database and just
click on a link and the bug would disappear from debbugs and appear in
bugzilla.

My secondary point was that there's no reason to delete the old
database.  It's useful information, and even if we don't accept new bugs,
we might as well leave it searchable.  We could even make it not be
bugs.gnome.org anymore.  Perhaps debbugs.gnome.org or something like that.

The first point is much more important in my mind,
  Chris