Re: Bugzilla for GNOME (was Re: GNOME CVS: nautilus mathieu)

Christopher James Lahey wrote:

My point was that perhaps we can get a compromise here.  Primarily, we
have to make it trivial to import debbugs bugs into bugzilla.  It'd be
best if a developer could do a search in our debbugs database and just
click on a link and the bug would disappear from debbugs and appear in
bugzilla.

I think you can make this into a dessert topping _and_ a floor wax. Modern bugzillas already have a bug-migration system in them, originally designed for migrating bugs between bugzilla incarnations. It works by sending an XML file via email to the target system, which then does the magicness.

You could probably have bug-buddy generate the same sort of format, though you might want to tweak things a little in the import code so that people can't forge comments from others, etc.

Mike